Cremation Code of Ethics
Anderson Funeral Home is a member of the Cremation Association of North America, which provides advanced certifications to our staff. Both Anderson Funeral Home and Anderson's On Broadway have Certified Crematory Operators. We strictly adhere to a Cremation Code of Ethics, an assurance to you of our commitment to dignity and honesty.
CANA Code of Cremation Practice
In the practice of cremation, we believe:
- In dignity and respect in the care of the deceased, in compassion for the living who survive them, and in the memorialization of life;
- That a Cremation Authority should be responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of respect at all times;
- That the greatest care should be taken in the appointment of crematory staff members, any of whom must not, by conduct or demeanor, bring the crematory or cremation into disrepute;
- That cremation should be considered as preparation for memorialization; and
- That the dead of our society should be memorialized through a commemorative means suitable to the survivors.